Johns Manville Saves 70% on Lighting with Retrofit
Acumen Energy Solutions completed a lighting retrofit for roofing and insulation company Johns Manville at its facility in Etowah, Tenn., which will cut its yearly energy consumption in lighting by about 70 percent. It also qualifies Johns Manville for a $343,410 rebate from the Tennessee Valley Authority for demonstrating energy savings.
As part of the retrofit, an initial audit was conducted, taking into account plant operating hours; traffic conditions in production, storage and warehouse areas; and lighting density requirements. Based on that assessment, almost all of the highbay HID fixtures, which were predominately metal halide, sodium vapor or incandescent lights, were replaced with more efficient and less energy-intensive fixtures.
JM’s Etowah project is part of a larger initiative that to-date consists of a nearly $8 million investment across the company’s North American plants, with $1.5 million of rebates realized from the various energy efficiency programs managed by local utilities. The initiative has resulted in reduced energy consumption that will generate about $2.5 million in annual savings. The project will continue with additional lighting retrofits planned at more JM plants in 2014.
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement