Johnson Controls Boosts Air Handling Unit Manufacturing Capacity
Johnson Controls expanded its Guangzhou, China, factory to meet the increasing demand for energy efficient building technologies.
The factory will house a fully-automated air handling unit assembly line and four additional variable refrigerant flow (VRF) production lines to meet Asian and global demand.
The new air handling unit assembly line will enhance the air handling unit manufacturing capacity of the Guangzhou plant by 30 percent due to shortened lead times and increased efficiencies.
Johnson Controls also intends to manufacture more efficient and energy-saving air-conditioning products in order to meet anticipated market demands in the next five years. VRF is a ductless HVAC system. Four additional VRF assembly lines will increase production capacity and enable the company to meet customer demands in China, Southeast Asia and throughout the world.
The plant will also house a new VRF and small tonnage chiller test center. This new facility will simulate a wide variety of extreme conditions to test the existing units and provide a platform for the research and development of new products.
In February, Johnson Controls announced it was expanding its existing absorption chiller technology by integrating Cogenra solar modules as part of a complete solar cooling solution to reduce energy costs for large buildings. The company will combine its high-efficiency chillers with Cogenra’s hybrid solar thermal and photovoltaic technologies.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing