Johnson Controls Boosts Air Handling Unit Manufacturing Capacity
Johnson Controls expanded its Guangzhou, China, factory to meet the increasing demand for energy efficient building technologies.
The factory will house a fully-automated air handling unit assembly line and four additional variable refrigerant flow (VRF) production lines to meet Asian and global demand.
The new air handling unit assembly line will enhance the air handling unit manufacturing capacity of the Guangzhou plant by 30 percent due to shortened lead times and increased efficiencies.
Johnson Controls also intends to manufacture more efficient and energy-saving air-conditioning products in order to meet anticipated market demands in the next five years. VRF is a ductless HVAC system. Four additional VRF assembly lines will increase production capacity and enable the company to meet customer demands in China, Southeast Asia and throughout the world.
The plant will also house a new VRF and small tonnage chiller test center. This new facility will simulate a wide variety of extreme conditions to test the existing units and provide a platform for the research and development of new products.
In February, Johnson Controls announced it was expanding its existing absorption chiller technology by integrating Cogenra solar modules as part of a complete solar cooling solution to reduce energy costs for large buildings. The company will combine its high-efficiency chillers with Cogenra’s hybrid solar thermal and photovoltaic technologies.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity