Johnson Controls Boosts Air Handling Unit Manufacturing Capacity
Johnson Controls expanded its Guangzhou, China, factory to meet the increasing demand for energy efficient building technologies.
The factory will house a fully-automated air handling unit assembly line and four additional variable refrigerant flow (VRF) production lines to meet Asian and global demand.
The new air handling unit assembly line will enhance the air handling unit manufacturing capacity of the Guangzhou plant by 30 percent due to shortened lead times and increased efficiencies.
Johnson Controls also intends to manufacture more efficient and energy-saving air-conditioning products in order to meet anticipated market demands in the next five years. VRF is a ductless HVAC system. Four additional VRF assembly lines will increase production capacity and enable the company to meet customer demands in China, Southeast Asia and throughout the world.
The plant will also house a new VRF and small tonnage chiller test center. This new facility will simulate a wide variety of extreme conditions to test the existing units and provide a platform for the research and development of new products.
In February, Johnson Controls announced it was expanding its existing absorption chiller technology by integrating Cogenra solar modules as part of a complete solar cooling solution to reduce energy costs for large buildings. The company will combine its high-efficiency chillers with Cogenra’s hybrid solar thermal and photovoltaic technologies.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards