Johnson Controls Spends $35M for China Expansion
Johnson Controls opened a $35 million expansion of its manufacturing and research and development center in Wuxi, China. The expansion will meet the demand for energy efficient buildings by tripling the company’s manufacturing capacity.
Located in Jiangsu province, the entire Wuxi campus now covers 138,500 square meters with more than 1,800 employees, including 60 new employees. The Wuxi campus and its engineering center are now one of Johnson Controls‘ largest R&D centers for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, as well as industrial refrigeration products. The campus will also spearhead continuing innovation on heat recovery systems that make district heating plants up to 40 percent more efficient.
The expansion is part of Johnson Controls’ commitment to China across its businesses. Last year, the company announced plans to build a second global corporate headquarters in Shanghai. The 35,000-square-meter campus is expected to be complete by late 2016.
And recently, Johnson Controls expanded its Guangzhou, China, factory to house a fully-automated air handling unit assembly line and four additional variable refrigerant flow (VRF) production lines to meet Asian and global demand.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Building Energy Intelligence
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management