Johnson Controls Wins 2013 Edison Award for Energy Storage
Johnson Controls won a 2013 Edison Gold Award for its recent collaboration with the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee (UWM) for their work in the area of energy storage.
Johnson Controls was presented with the gold award in the Living, Working and Learning Environments Category for its Energy Advancement and Research Lab and Showcase on the UWM campus. The Energy Advancement Research Lab creates an environment for Johnson Controls scientists to work with UWM students and faculty in dedicated space to conduct research, enhance the university’s advanced energy curriculum and accelerate Johnson Controls‘ exploration and development of next generation energy storage technologies.
The manufacturing dry lab enables “fast fail” experimentation to accelerate the development and commercialization of advanced energy storage technologies. “Fast fail” experimentation allows researchers to move quickly to deliver against anticipated project outcomes and the ability to stop if the outcomes are not met within a certain timeframe.
In Pennsylvania, Penn State University is creating an Energy Efficient Buildings (EEB) Hub at Philadelphia’s Navy Yard, involving both a new building and the renovation of a 1940s building. The EEB Hub, which is sponsored by the Department of Energy, will be used to perform research to develop and integrate materials, technologies, models and tools to optimize whole building energy performance.
And the University of Wisconsin-Madison recently opened its new Wisconsin Energy Institute (WEI) building, which is on track to receive LEED Gold certification. The Institute will house research in advanced fuels, renewable energy and energy storage systems.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards