Johnson Controls Wins 2013 Edison Award for Energy Storage
Johnson Controls won a 2013 Edison Gold Award for its recent collaboration with the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee (UWM) for their work in the area of energy storage.
Johnson Controls was presented with the gold award in the Living, Working and Learning Environments Category for its Energy Advancement and Research Lab and Showcase on the UWM campus. The Energy Advancement Research Lab creates an environment for Johnson Controls scientists to work with UWM students and faculty in dedicated space to conduct research, enhance the university’s advanced energy curriculum and accelerate Johnson Controls‘ exploration and development of next generation energy storage technologies.
The manufacturing dry lab enables “fast fail” experimentation to accelerate the development and commercialization of advanced energy storage technologies. “Fast fail” experimentation allows researchers to move quickly to deliver against anticipated project outcomes and the ability to stop if the outcomes are not met within a certain timeframe.
In Pennsylvania, Penn State University is creating an Energy Efficient Buildings (EEB) Hub at Philadelphia’s Navy Yard, involving both a new building and the renovation of a 1940s building. The EEB Hub, which is sponsored by the Department of Energy, will be used to perform research to develop and integrate materials, technologies, models and tools to optimize whole building energy performance.
And the University of Wisconsin-Madison recently opened its new Wisconsin Energy Institute (WEI) building, which is on track to receive LEED Gold certification. The Institute will house research in advanced fuels, renewable energy and energy storage systems.
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex