JV Plans $150M in Commercial Solar Projects
RGS Energy and Altus Power America Management formed a joint venture, RGS Energy Asset Management, to develop, finance and manage up to $150 million of commercial solar projects.
The joint venture is designed to bring RGS Energy into the arena of energy asset ownership; the partners will jointly manage the available pool of capital. Further, it allows RGS Energy to integrate credit qualification and capital sourcing into its core operations.
For its part, Altus Power America Management says the joint venture will allow it to identify attractive solar power projects across the country and efficiently deploy capital throughout the US solar market. The joint venture will offer power purchase agreements and other financial solutions to customers. The parties expect the first fully financed projects to be operational as early as the second quarter of 2014.
RGS Energy’s energy services are currently available in Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Vermont, Washington, and Puerto Rico.
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends