Kansas City, Cisco Launch ‘Smart-Cities’ Plan
Kansas City leaders have signed a letter of intent with Cisco to build out a city network under Cisco’s Smart+Connected Communities program and the Internet of Everything. The project will complement a wider effort to build out a two-mile KC Downtown Streetcar path.
Planned pilot projects include:
- Deployment of smart street lighting;
- Smart video surveillance;
- Environment and infrastructure sensing; and
- Citizen engagement services solution.
The specific pilot projects will use a mobile platform for citizen access and infrastructure sensing and citizen engagement facilitated by digital interactive kiosks.
Detailed designs and business structures are being discussed. In parallel, more smart services will be identified with the recruitment of additional companies.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection