KIA Dealership Sports GE Outdoor LEDs
LED lights and timers are saving the KIA AutoSport dealership in Columbus, Ga., from 20-33 percent in energy costs compared to similar KIA dealerships that use metal halide high intensity discharge (HID) fixtures, according to the owner of the dealership.
Before constructing the new facility, the owner met with the local utility Georgia Power, which recommended outdoor LED lighting as a good solution for providing both energy savings and the desired quality of light needed to showcase the deadlership’s 350-vehicle inventory.
Because this was a new facility, lights and poles could be placed to provide optimum coverage and minimize the number and location of poles in vehicle display areas.
The dealership chose GE’s Evolve LED Area Lights recommended by Georgia Power for their reduced energy consumption. Sixty-nine 202-watt Evolve LED Area Lights were mounted on 30 25-foot poles, with a combination of one, two and four fixture mountings per pole. GE’s outdoor LED lighting fixtures at KIA AutoSport have a correlated color temperature (CCT) of 4000K and a color-rendering index (CRI) of 70.
Georgia Power completed installation of the GE lighting in July 2012.
Photo courtesy of Georgia Power
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future