KIA Dealership Sports GE Outdoor LEDs
LED lights and timers are saving the KIA AutoSport dealership in Columbus, Ga., from 20-33 percent in energy costs compared to similar KIA dealerships that use metal halide high intensity discharge (HID) fixtures, according to the owner of the dealership.
Before constructing the new facility, the owner met with the local utility Georgia Power, which recommended outdoor LED lighting as a good solution for providing both energy savings and the desired quality of light needed to showcase the deadlership’s 350-vehicle inventory.
Because this was a new facility, lights and poles could be placed to provide optimum coverage and minimize the number and location of poles in vehicle display areas.
The dealership chose GE’s Evolve LED Area Lights recommended by Georgia Power for their reduced energy consumption. Sixty-nine 202-watt Evolve LED Area Lights were mounted on 30 25-foot poles, with a combination of one, two and four fixture mountings per pole. GE’s outdoor LED lighting fixtures at KIA AutoSport have a correlated color temperature (CCT) of 4000K and a color-rendering index (CRI) of 70.
Georgia Power completed installation of the GE lighting in July 2012.
Photo courtesy of Georgia Power
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles