Koch Delaware Plant Improves Energy Efficiency 20%
Six of its company sites have received a Koch Industries Sustained Energy Performance award for developing and implementing programs that reduce energy intensity and consumption.
The awards were presented to employees who are members of the company’s Energy Team Initiative that was created three years ago to improve energy efficiency at all sites.
One energy efficiency standout at the company’s recent Energy Leadership Conference was an INVISTA fiber manufacturing plant located in Seaford, Del. Employees were recognized for a more than 20 percent reduction in the site’s energy consumption during a two-year period. The site earned the award for implementing a number of improvement programs including: boiler conversion to natural gas and boiler feedwater pump replacement; wastewater treatment project; electrical distribution system consolidation; and improved procedures for shutdown of equipment during idle periods.
Wichita, Kan.-based Koch Industries owns a diverse group of industrial and manufacturing companies, employing about 60,000 people worldwide. Energy programs are independently developed at a site level, and best practices are shared through a network of energy team leaders.
Other sites recognized for substantially reduced energy intensity and energy consumption:
- INVISTA – LaPorte, Texas: “Sustained Energy Performance”
- Georgia-Pacific – Monticello, Miss.: “Most Improved Site Energy Intensity Reduction”
- Flint Hills Resources – Rosemount, Minn.: “Best Energy Innovation”
- Georgia-Pacific – Camas, Wash.: “Outstanding Site Energy Program”
- INVISTA – Gersthofen, Germany: “Outstanding Site Energy Program”
In addition, INVISTA’s Maydown, U.K. site was recognized as a 2012 KII Environmental, Health and Safety Conference award recipient for outstanding energy performance and energy intensity reduction. Since 2009, the site has averaged a 10 percent yearly reduction in energy intensity.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement