Kohler Targets Construction Biz with Portable Generators
Kohler launched a new line of portable generators, targeting building contractors and other construction professionals who need a portable power supply for tools and electronic equipment.
The complete line of models, ranging from a 2.0 kW inverter to a 12.3 kW gasoline generator, will be available in January 2014. The line will also include trash pumps and water pumps in varying sizes and flow rates. The new portable generator family excels in fuel efficiency, according to Kohler.
The Kohler 2 kW inverter (PRO2.0iS) includes a sensor that monitors power demand and varies engine speed for improved efficiency. On the high end, the Kohler 12.3 kW gasoline generator (PRO12.3EFI) is a closed-loop electronic fuel injection (EFI) generator, utilizing the company’s commercial-grade Command PRO EFI engine. As a result, users can expect to see up to a 25 percent reduction in fuel consumption and exhaust gases, says Kohler.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide