Kroger, Love’s Sign with LSI Industries
Kroger is retrofitting 1,000 gas stations with LEDs from LSI Industries, according to Cincinnati.com.
The story says that the financial details of the deal were not disclosed. The agreement covers all but about 300 of the grocer’s fuel centers.
The story highlights Kroger’s attention to energy efficiency: The chain has cut consumption by more than one-third since 2000 and, during that time, has saved 2.3 billion kWh. That, the company told the site, is the equivalent of removing 334,000 cars from the road for one year. Kroger has been named for the third consecutive year to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index-North America. Its score on the Carbon Disclosure Project has risen from 50 to 89 out of 100.
LSI also has entered into a multiyear agreement with Love’s Travel Shops & Country Stores, according to a press release as NASDAQ. The contract calls for LSI to deploy LED CRU Canopy fixtures in all of Love’s new construction and renovations. Love’s has more than 350 locations nationwide. The deal was struck through LSI’s relationship with distributor Graybar.
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards