La Quinta Hotel Saves 50% in Lighting Energy with LEDs
La Quinta Inn & Suites in Danbury, Conn., selected Xeleum Lighting to convert its existing fluorescent, halogen and incandescent lighting to LEDs in its 135-room hotel. The hotel management expects the LEDs to reduce lighting energy usage by over 50 percent, resulting in a payback period of about 22 months and a five-year savings of over $308,000.
The retrofit involves over 600 fixture and lamps that are being converted to LEDs in hallways, entry ways, stairwells and public areas including restrooms, gym, laundry room, maintenance room areas and closets. In most areas the lighting runs 24/7 at full brightness.
LED product types to be installed include stairwell fixtures, MR16 lamps, recessed fixtures, LED tubes, hallway sconces, plus 1×4, 2×2 and 2×4 Titanium troffers.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control