La Quinta Hotel Saves 50% in Lighting Energy with LEDs
La Quinta Inn & Suites in Danbury, Conn., selected Xeleum Lighting to convert its existing fluorescent, halogen and incandescent lighting to LEDs in its 135-room hotel. The hotel management expects the LEDs to reduce lighting energy usage by over 50 percent, resulting in a payback period of about 22 months and a five-year savings of over $308,000.
The retrofit involves over 600 fixture and lamps that are being converted to LEDs in hallways, entry ways, stairwells and public areas including restrooms, gym, laundry room, maintenance room areas and closets. In most areas the lighting runs 24/7 at full brightness.
LED product types to be installed include stairwell fixtures, MR16 lamps, recessed fixtures, LED tubes, hallway sconces, plus 1×4, 2×2 and 2×4 Titanium troffers.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control