La Quinta Hotel Saves 50% in Lighting Energy with LEDs
La Quinta Inn & Suites in Danbury, Conn., selected Xeleum Lighting to convert its existing fluorescent, halogen and incandescent lighting to LEDs in its 135-room hotel. The hotel management expects the LEDs to reduce lighting energy usage by over 50 percent, resulting in a payback period of about 22 months and a five-year savings of over $308,000.
The retrofit involves over 600 fixture and lamps that are being converted to LEDs in hallways, entry ways, stairwells and public areas including restrooms, gym, laundry room, maintenance room areas and closets. In most areas the lighting runs 24/7 at full brightness.
LED product types to be installed include stairwell fixtures, MR16 lamps, recessed fixtures, LED tubes, hallway sconces, plus 1×4, 2×2 and 2×4 Titanium troffers.
- Combined Heat and Power
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools