La Quinta Hotel Saves 50% in Lighting Energy with LEDs
La Quinta Inn & Suites in Danbury, Conn., selected Xeleum Lighting to convert its existing fluorescent, halogen and incandescent lighting to LEDs in its 135-room hotel. The hotel management expects the LEDs to reduce lighting energy usage by over 50 percent, resulting in a payback period of about 22 months and a five-year savings of over $308,000.
The retrofit involves over 600 fixture and lamps that are being converted to LEDs in hallways, entry ways, stairwells and public areas including restrooms, gym, laundry room, maintenance room areas and closets. In most areas the lighting runs 24/7 at full brightness.
LED product types to be installed include stairwell fixtures, MR16 lamps, recessed fixtures, LED tubes, hallway sconces, plus 1×4, 2×2 and 2×4 Titanium troffers.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Combined Heat and Power
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management