LA Shopping Center Orders 765-kW Solar System
Martifer Solar USA will design and install a 765-kW rooftop PV system for the Westfield Century City shopping center in Los Angeles, generating over 1.1 million kWh annually.
The system will help Westfield reduce its energy consumption and costs and will be the sixth PV system that Westfield has installed.
Construction at the nearly 900,000-sq-foot shopping center is scheduled to commence in early 2013, with the system fully operational by the end of that year.
Alta Energy supported Westfield by initially assessing the potential value of solar energy across all of its US properties. The portfolio-wide approach made it easier for Westfield to review large amounts of data and identify the Century City mall as a top priority. Alta Energy’s auction platform streamlined the RFP process.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement