LA Shopping Center Orders 765-kW Solar System
Martifer Solar USA will design and install a 765-kW rooftop PV system for the Westfield Century City shopping center in Los Angeles, generating over 1.1 million kWh annually.
The system will help Westfield reduce its energy consumption and costs and will be the sixth PV system that Westfield has installed.
Construction at the nearly 900,000-sq-foot shopping center is scheduled to commence in early 2013, with the system fully operational by the end of that year.
Alta Energy supported Westfield by initially assessing the potential value of solar energy across all of its US properties. The portfolio-wide approach made it easier for Westfield to review large amounts of data and identify the Century City mall as a top priority. Alta Energy’s auction platform streamlined the RFP process.
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Integrated Building Optimization
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement