LA Shopping Center Orders 765-kW Solar System
Martifer Solar USA will design and install a 765-kW rooftop PV system for the Westfield Century City shopping center in Los Angeles, generating over 1.1 million kWh annually.
The system will help Westfield reduce its energy consumption and costs and will be the sixth PV system that Westfield has installed.
Construction at the nearly 900,000-sq-foot shopping center is scheduled to commence in early 2013, with the system fully operational by the end of that year.
Alta Energy supported Westfield by initially assessing the potential value of solar energy across all of its US properties. The portfolio-wide approach made it easier for Westfield to review large amounts of data and identify the Century City mall as a top priority. Alta Energy’s auction platform streamlined the RFP process.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management