LA Shopping Center Orders 765-kW Solar System
Martifer Solar USA will design and install a 765-kW rooftop PV system for the Westfield Century City shopping center in Los Angeles, generating over 1.1 million kWh annually.
The system will help Westfield reduce its energy consumption and costs and will be the sixth PV system that Westfield has installed.
Construction at the nearly 900,000-sq-foot shopping center is scheduled to commence in early 2013, with the system fully operational by the end of that year.
Alta Energy supported Westfield by initially assessing the potential value of solar energy across all of its US properties. The portfolio-wide approach made it easier for Westfield to review large amounts of data and identify the Century City mall as a top priority. Alta Energy’s auction platform streamlined the RFP process.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing