LA Shopping Center Orders 765-kW Solar System
Martifer Solar USA will design and install a 765-kW rooftop PV system for the Westfield Century City shopping center in Los Angeles, generating over 1.1 million kWh annually.
The system will help Westfield reduce its energy consumption and costs and will be the sixth PV system that Westfield has installed.
Construction at the nearly 900,000-sq-foot shopping center is scheduled to commence in early 2013, with the system fully operational by the end of that year.
Alta Energy supported Westfield by initially assessing the potential value of solar energy across all of its US properties. The portfolio-wide approach made it easier for Westfield to review large amounts of data and identify the Century City mall as a top priority. Alta Energy’s auction platform streamlined the RFP process.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash