Larson Combines Solar with LED for Beacon
Larson Electronics’ new SLEDB-5-M solar powered LED beacon is equipped with a small solar panel, internal batteries and a magnetic and permanent mounting base.
Larson already has battery-operated LED strobes and 12/24 volt LED strobe lights, but wanted this solar-powered, rechargeable model to round out its line to meet the demand from oil rigs, construction crews and all manner of off-grid operators looking for beacons.
The compact LED beacon is designed to run endlessly on 4-5 hours of daily sunlight, ideal as a warning light or barricade light. With minimal sunlight, operators can expect 24/7 performance from the four-inch-tall beacon. The LED strobe light can be mounted permanently or magnetically, and both options are built in to the light. In the event there is no sunlight for several days, operators can charge the beacon with the included 12 volt vehicle charger.
The SLEDB-5-M solar powered, battery-operated beacon is ideal for off-grid applications, including traffic barricades, marine applications and oilfield markers. Other applications include vehicle and equipment warning lights, when installing a standard beacon is inconvenient or unnecessary.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management