Larson Combines Solar with LED for Beacon
Larson Electronics’ new SLEDB-5-M solar powered LED beacon is equipped with a small solar panel, internal batteries and a magnetic and permanent mounting base.
Larson already has battery-operated LED strobes and 12/24 volt LED strobe lights, but wanted this solar-powered, rechargeable model to round out its line to meet the demand from oil rigs, construction crews and all manner of off-grid operators looking for beacons.
The compact LED beacon is designed to run endlessly on 4-5 hours of daily sunlight, ideal as a warning light or barricade light. With minimal sunlight, operators can expect 24/7 performance from the four-inch-tall beacon. The LED strobe light can be mounted permanently or magnetically, and both options are built in to the light. In the event there is no sunlight for several days, operators can charge the beacon with the included 12 volt vehicle charger.
The SLEDB-5-M solar powered, battery-operated beacon is ideal for off-grid applications, including traffic barricades, marine applications and oilfield markers. Other applications include vehicle and equipment warning lights, when installing a standard beacon is inconvenient or unnecessary.
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide