Las Vegas Deploys BuildingIQ’s Energy Management System
The City of Las Vegas will be the first city to deploy BuildingIQ’s cloud-based energy management system broadly. The deployment is part of utility NV Energy’s mPowered program.
By utilizing BuildingIQ’s optimization software, Las Vegas will become the first major city in the country to leverage this type of energy management solution. The program is not mandatory for buildings, but for those buildings that do participate, the city expects to see savings on average of 15-18 percent in terms of daily HVAC energy usage.
The software will also enable Las Vegas to lay the groundwork for eventually creating a smart city.
BuildingIQ’s Predictive Energy Optimization software learns a building’s HVAC energy patterns to predict consumption. Based on these predictions and electronic signals sent directly from NV Energy, the cloud-based system automatically optimizes energy usage and manages demand response (DR) events, while still maintaining occupant comfort.
By enrolling in the mPowered program and participating in DR events, the city will be able to benefit from access to the software and the resulting energy savings. BuildingIQ’s software also provides Las Vegas with insights and detailed tracking of the performance of its buildings. The software can be deployed and deliver results in a wide variety of building types and sizes.
Photo: Las Vegas via Shutterstock
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls