Lasell College Adds LED Lighting, Controls
Bluestone Energy Services says it secured over $65,000 in utility incentives for Boston-area Lasell College as part of a lighting and controls retrofit. Bluestone designed and engineered a lighting efficiency project for two buildings and several parking garages.
For both the Holway Child Study Center and the Yamawaki Art and Cultural Center, Bluestone replaced existing fixtures with LEDs. The North Hall Garage and East/West Garage received LED tubes and added sensors, replacing previous T-8 fixtures. In Campus Center Garage, Bluestone replaced 175 W metal halides with new LED fixtures with sensors.
The lighting retrofit will reduce the college’s annual energy use by nearly 200,000 kWh. Lowered lamp maintenance, lighting energy savings, and annual AC costs savings will enable annual savings of over $24,000.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds