Lawrence Livermore Lab Gets 3MW Onsite Solar
The US Department of Energy/National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE/NNSA) finalized a license agreement with Juwi Solar for an onsite solar electrical generation system at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
Juwi will design, engineer, install and finance a 3 MW fixed-tilt solar photovoltaic array on 10 acres at the Laboratory’s Livermore site. Juwi will also operate and maintain the ground-mounted solar energy system.
The facility is expected to generate about 6,300 MWh annually. The power generated from the system will be sold to the Western Area Power Administration (Western) through a 20-year power purchase contract, and the DOE/NNSA will purchase the renewable power under its current power agreement with Western for Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds