LAX Installs Energy-Efficient Elevators
Otis Elevator Company has won a contract with W. E. O’Neil Construction to replace 24 elevators at Los Angeles International Airport with its Gen2 energy-efficient elevators and to modernize 29 additional elevators at LAX.
The project is slated to be complete in early 2016. The Gen2 machine-roomless elevator reduces energy consumption by up to 50 percent compared to conventional systems, according to Otis. In addition, the Gen2 elevator reduces the system’s environmental impact because its patented polyurethane coated-steel belts, gearless machine and roller guides eliminate the need to apply lubrication.
Otis also was awarded a five-year maintenance contract.
Otis Elevator was also chosen in 2010 for the Bradley West project, a major modernization effort at LAX’s Tom Bradley International Terminal. Otis was selected to provide 92 elevators, escalators and moving walkways for the terminal. This project is currently underway with completion expected in early 2013.
Otis has experience modernizing elevator systems in older buildings to make them more energy-efficient. The company has led elevator and escalator system modernization projects at some of the world’s most iconic buildings, including the Empire State Building in New York City.
In 2011 Otis Elevator Company established an umbrella program - The Way to Green – for its environmental initiatives.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement