LAX Installs Energy-Efficient Elevators
Otis Elevator Company has won a contract with W. E. O’Neil Construction to replace 24 elevators at Los Angeles International Airport with its Gen2 energy-efficient elevators and to modernize 29 additional elevators at LAX.
The project is slated to be complete in early 2016. The Gen2 machine-roomless elevator reduces energy consumption by up to 50 percent compared to conventional systems, according to Otis. In addition, the Gen2 elevator reduces the system’s environmental impact because its patented polyurethane coated-steel belts, gearless machine and roller guides eliminate the need to apply lubrication.
Otis also was awarded a five-year maintenance contract.
Otis Elevator was also chosen in 2010 for the Bradley West project, a major modernization effort at LAX’s Tom Bradley International Terminal. Otis was selected to provide 92 elevators, escalators and moving walkways for the terminal. This project is currently underway with completion expected in early 2013.
Otis has experience modernizing elevator systems in older buildings to make them more energy-efficient. The company has led elevator and escalator system modernization projects at some of the world’s most iconic buildings, including the Empire State Building in New York City.
In 2011 Otis Elevator Company established an umbrella program - The Way to Green – for its environmental initiatives.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- LED Myths and Facts
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room