LAX Installs Energy-Efficient Elevators
Otis Elevator Company has won a contract with W. E. O’Neil Construction to replace 24 elevators at Los Angeles International Airport with its Gen2 energy-efficient elevators and to modernize 29 additional elevators at LAX.
The project is slated to be complete in early 2016. The Gen2 machine-roomless elevator reduces energy consumption by up to 50 percent compared to conventional systems, according to Otis. In addition, the Gen2 elevator reduces the system’s environmental impact because its patented polyurethane coated-steel belts, gearless machine and roller guides eliminate the need to apply lubrication.
Otis also was awarded a five-year maintenance contract.
Otis Elevator was also chosen in 2010 for the Bradley West project, a major modernization effort at LAX’s Tom Bradley International Terminal. Otis was selected to provide 92 elevators, escalators and moving walkways for the terminal. This project is currently underway with completion expected in early 2013.
Otis has experience modernizing elevator systems in older buildings to make them more energy-efficient. The company has led elevator and escalator system modernization projects at some of the world’s most iconic buildings, including the Empire State Building in New York City.
In 2011 Otis Elevator Company established an umbrella program - The Way to Green – for its environmental initiatives.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management