Leapfrog Offers LED Lamp Financing for Businesses
Leapfrog Lighting has arranged a no-down payment financing option for LED lighting installs for businesses. Up to 100 percent of the total install cost can be financed, and businesses are still eligible for any available electric company rebates.
Even though the business case always made sense, the cost of LED lamps is considerably higher than the bulbs they typically replace, says Leapfrog. Many businesses cite the initial costs as the main barrier to entry.
In a typical business case analysis on Leapfrog Lighting’s website, for an install of 100 LED lamps replacing equivalent halogen bulbs in a retail store, the savings per year on energy costs would be $2,906, based on 11 cents per kWh. With the entire cost financed, eliminating the $1,800 (approximate) upfront install cost, and factoring in expected electricity company rebates, the net savings per year still works out to $2,414 annually in this example.
The program is currently only available to Canadian business owners, on credit approval. Leapfrog says a similar program for its business customers in the US is coming soon.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management