LED Arrays Double Light Output, Keep Same Size
Three new arrays from Cree increase lighting output from LEDs. The Cree XLamp CXA2590, CXA1850 and CXA1310 high-density LED arrays double the light output of existing standard-density CXA LED arrays without increasing the size.
Cree says this increase in lumen density delivers new levels of light intensity, which enables the complete replacement of ceramic-metal-halide (CMH) light sources and expands the possibilities of LED spotlights.
By emitting more than 15,500 lumens from a 19-mm light source, the CXA2590 LED array enables luminaires with the same center-beam candlepower (CBCP) and light quality of a 150-watt CMH light source.
Delivering more than 9,000 lumens from a 12-mm light source, the CXA1850 LED array enables lighting solutions with the same CBCP and light quality as 70-watt CMH.
The CXA1310 LED array provides more than 2,000 lumens in a 6-mm light source, which allows lighting manufacturers to design smaller, more-efficient track lights, reduce the size of halogen replacements by half and deliver twice the CBCP of CMH at 30 percent less power.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year