LED Arrays Double Light Output, Keep Same Size
Three new arrays from Cree increase lighting output from LEDs. The Cree XLamp CXA2590, CXA1850 and CXA1310 high-density LED arrays double the light output of existing standard-density CXA LED arrays without increasing the size.
Cree says this increase in lumen density delivers new levels of light intensity, which enables the complete replacement of ceramic-metal-halide (CMH) light sources and expands the possibilities of LED spotlights.
By emitting more than 15,500 lumens from a 19-mm light source, the CXA2590 LED array enables luminaires with the same center-beam candlepower (CBCP) and light quality of a 150-watt CMH light source.
Delivering more than 9,000 lumens from a 12-mm light source, the CXA1850 LED array enables lighting solutions with the same CBCP and light quality as 70-watt CMH.
The CXA1310 LED array provides more than 2,000 lumens in a 6-mm light source, which allows lighting manufacturers to design smaller, more-efficient track lights, reduce the size of halogen replacements by half and deliver twice the CBCP of CMH at 30 percent less power.
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data