LED Innovator Collects 100th Patent
Fred Maxik knows a thing or two, or perhaps 100, about LED lighting. The founder and Chief Technology Officer of Lighting Science has been awarded his 100th patent by the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
This milestone marks a career of LED innovation that includes patents for the first biologically-corrected lighting which is the genesis of the recently launched Good Night™ LED lamp and the Awake & Alert™ LED lamp.
The firm was founded in 2004. Maxik’s array of patents include lamps and luminaires designs, specialized power, optical and thermal management solutions, embedded intelligence including color mixing, wireless networking of luminaires for sensing, automation and communication plus next generation adaptable lighting systems for biological, medical, agricultural and environmental applications.
The 100th patent (U.S. Patent 8608348) illustrates an enclosed method of improved LED thermal management which guards the life of the device.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management