LED Innovator Collects 100th Patent
Fred Maxik knows a thing or two, or perhaps 100, about LED lighting. The founder and Chief Technology Officer of Lighting Science has been awarded his 100th patent by the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
This milestone marks a career of LED innovation that includes patents for the first biologically-corrected lighting which is the genesis of the recently launched Good Night™ LED lamp and the Awake & Alert™ LED lamp.
The firm was founded in 2004. Maxik’s array of patents include lamps and luminaires designs, specialized power, optical and thermal management solutions, embedded intelligence including color mixing, wireless networking of luminaires for sensing, automation and communication plus next generation adaptable lighting systems for biological, medical, agricultural and environmental applications.
The 100th patent (U.S. Patent 8608348) illustrates an enclosed method of improved LED thermal management which guards the life of the device.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management