LED Innovator Collects 100th Patent
Fred Maxik knows a thing or two, or perhaps 100, about LED lighting. The founder and Chief Technology Officer of Lighting Science has been awarded his 100th patent by the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
This milestone marks a career of LED innovation that includes patents for the first biologically-corrected lighting which is the genesis of the recently launched Good Night™ LED lamp and the Awake & Alert™ LED lamp.
The firm was founded in 2004. Maxik’s array of patents include lamps and luminaires designs, specialized power, optical and thermal management solutions, embedded intelligence including color mixing, wireless networking of luminaires for sensing, automation and communication plus next generation adaptable lighting systems for biological, medical, agricultural and environmental applications.
The 100th patent (U.S. Patent 8608348) illustrates an enclosed method of improved LED thermal management which guards the life of the device.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement