LED Innovator Collects 100th Patent
Fred Maxik knows a thing or two, or perhaps 100, about LED lighting. The founder and Chief Technology Officer of Lighting Science has been awarded his 100th patent by the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
This milestone marks a career of LED innovation that includes patents for the first biologically-corrected lighting which is the genesis of the recently launched Good Night™ LED lamp and the Awake & Alert™ LED lamp.
The firm was founded in 2004. Maxik’s array of patents include lamps and luminaires designs, specialized power, optical and thermal management solutions, embedded intelligence including color mixing, wireless networking of luminaires for sensing, automation and communication plus next generation adaptable lighting systems for biological, medical, agricultural and environmental applications.
The 100th patent (U.S. Patent 8608348) illustrates an enclosed method of improved LED thermal management which guards the life of the device.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book