LED Lighting Saves Warehouse 50% on Exterior Energy Costs
Industrial Developments International (IDI), a privately held real estate company with offices nationwide, reduced energy costs at its Jurupa Valley, Calif., warehouse by using a range of exterior LEDs from Eaton’s Cooper Lighting business.
IDI is realizing a total energy savings of more than 50 percent compared to metal halide equivalents.
IDI, partnering with design-build contractor, Excellence in Electricity, utilized McGraw-Edison Ventus luminaires. At 309 watts, the Ventus LED fixtures were able to generate a light level similar to a 458-watt metal halide equivalent, allowing for a reduced number of fixtures and a savings of more than 50 percent on exterior lighting cost.
For wall-mounted applications, the company chose Lumark Crosstour wall pack luminaires, offering comparable light levels of 175-watt metal halide products, using 30 total watts.
Beyond parking lot and building façade illumination, IDI also installed Invue Vision LED floodlights with control options. Seven unique optical distributions can emphasize target applications while eliminating unwanted spill light. Fixtures also feature a 4000 Kelvin (K) correlated color temperature (CCT) to match all other LED products illuminating the building’s façade.
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems