LED Lighting Saves Warehouse 50% on Exterior Energy Costs
Industrial Developments International (IDI), a privately held real estate company with offices nationwide, reduced energy costs at its Jurupa Valley, Calif., warehouse by using a range of exterior LEDs from Eaton’s Cooper Lighting business.
IDI is realizing a total energy savings of more than 50 percent compared to metal halide equivalents.
IDI, partnering with design-build contractor, Excellence in Electricity, utilized McGraw-Edison Ventus luminaires. At 309 watts, the Ventus LED fixtures were able to generate a light level similar to a 458-watt metal halide equivalent, allowing for a reduced number of fixtures and a savings of more than 50 percent on exterior lighting cost.
For wall-mounted applications, the company chose Lumark Crosstour wall pack luminaires, offering comparable light levels of 175-watt metal halide products, using 30 total watts.
Beyond parking lot and building façade illumination, IDI also installed Invue Vision LED floodlights with control options. Seven unique optical distributions can emphasize target applications while eliminating unwanted spill light. Fixtures also feature a 4000 Kelvin (K) correlated color temperature (CCT) to match all other LED products illuminating the building’s façade.
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement