LED Lights Reduce Energy Costs More Than 45% at Sheetz Gas Stations
More than 130 locations of Sheetz retail gasoline/convenience stores now feature LED lighting by Cree.
The energy-efficient lighting at Sheetz store locations is delivering a 45 percent reduction in energy costs for interior lighting and a 50-55 percent reduction in exterior lighting compared to the lighting it replaced.
Cree Edge area and flood luminaires and 227 Series canopy luminaires replaced the exterior metal halide lighting fixtures. Additionally, 46 of the 131 upgraded Sheetz stores are illuminated with CR14 linear luminaires and CR6 downlights, updating the original fluorescent and compact fluorescent lights.
According to Sheetz, the Cree LED lighting makes its stores appear brighter and safer. Also, Cree’s lighting provides 50,000 hours of longevity, and Sheetz expects a reduction in maintenance costs and a considerably lower amount of kilowatt-hours of electricity used annually.
Sheetz is planning to open new locations in its six-state footprint and to use Cree LED lighting at those new facilities.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?