LED Lights Reduce Energy Costs More Than 45% at Sheetz Gas Stations
More than 130 locations of Sheetz retail gasoline/convenience stores now feature LED lighting by Cree.
The energy-efficient lighting at Sheetz store locations is delivering a 45 percent reduction in energy costs for interior lighting and a 50-55 percent reduction in exterior lighting compared to the lighting it replaced.
Cree Edge area and flood luminaires and 227 Series canopy luminaires replaced the exterior metal halide lighting fixtures. Additionally, 46 of the 131 upgraded Sheetz stores are illuminated with CR14 linear luminaires and CR6 downlights, updating the original fluorescent and compact fluorescent lights.
According to Sheetz, the Cree LED lighting makes its stores appear brighter and safer. Also, Cree’s lighting provides 50,000 hours of longevity, and Sheetz expects a reduction in maintenance costs and a considerably lower amount of kilowatt-hours of electricity used annually.
Sheetz is planning to open new locations in its six-state footprint and to use Cree LED lighting at those new facilities.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Planning for a Sustainable Future