LED Lights Reduce Energy Costs More Than 45% at Sheetz Gas Stations
More than 130 locations of Sheetz retail gasoline/convenience stores now feature LED lighting by Cree.
The energy-efficient lighting at Sheetz store locations is delivering a 45 percent reduction in energy costs for interior lighting and a 50-55 percent reduction in exterior lighting compared to the lighting it replaced.
Cree Edge area and flood luminaires and 227 Series canopy luminaires replaced the exterior metal halide lighting fixtures. Additionally, 46 of the 131 upgraded Sheetz stores are illuminated with CR14 linear luminaires and CR6 downlights, updating the original fluorescent and compact fluorescent lights.
According to Sheetz, the Cree LED lighting makes its stores appear brighter and safer. Also, Cree’s lighting provides 50,000 hours of longevity, and Sheetz expects a reduction in maintenance costs and a considerably lower amount of kilowatt-hours of electricity used annually.
Sheetz is planning to open new locations in its six-state footprint and to use Cree LED lighting at those new facilities.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex