LED Lights Reduce Energy Costs More Than 45% at Sheetz Gas Stations
More than 130 locations of Sheetz retail gasoline/convenience stores now feature LED lighting by Cree.
The energy-efficient lighting at Sheetz store locations is delivering a 45 percent reduction in energy costs for interior lighting and a 50-55 percent reduction in exterior lighting compared to the lighting it replaced.
Cree Edge area and flood luminaires and 227 Series canopy luminaires replaced the exterior metal halide lighting fixtures. Additionally, 46 of the 131 upgraded Sheetz stores are illuminated with CR14 linear luminaires and CR6 downlights, updating the original fluorescent and compact fluorescent lights.
According to Sheetz, the Cree LED lighting makes its stores appear brighter and safer. Also, Cree’s lighting provides 50,000 hours of longevity, and Sheetz expects a reduction in maintenance costs and a considerably lower amount of kilowatt-hours of electricity used annually.
Sheetz is planning to open new locations in its six-state footprint and to use Cree LED lighting at those new facilities.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide