LED Lights Reduce Energy Costs More Than 45% at Sheetz Gas Stations
More than 130 locations of Sheetz retail gasoline/convenience stores now feature LED lighting by Cree.
The energy-efficient lighting at Sheetz store locations is delivering a 45 percent reduction in energy costs for interior lighting and a 50-55 percent reduction in exterior lighting compared to the lighting it replaced.
Cree Edge area and flood luminaires and 227 Series canopy luminaires replaced the exterior metal halide lighting fixtures. Additionally, 46 of the 131 upgraded Sheetz stores are illuminated with CR14 linear luminaires and CR6 downlights, updating the original fluorescent and compact fluorescent lights.
According to Sheetz, the Cree LED lighting makes its stores appear brighter and safer. Also, Cree’s lighting provides 50,000 hours of longevity, and Sheetz expects a reduction in maintenance costs and a considerably lower amount of kilowatt-hours of electricity used annually.
Sheetz is planning to open new locations in its six-state footprint and to use Cree LED lighting at those new facilities.
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- The Logistics, Carbon, and Business Data Book: Fall 2012 Sustainability Trends
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Facilities & Maintenance Management Best Practices
- ISO 50001: Frequently Asked Questions
- Your Guide to Total Energy and Sustainability Management
- The Growing Trend of Sustainability Scorecards
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- How to Reduce Cost by Increasing Accountability for Energy Efficiency