LED Lights Sports Arenas, Saves 60% in kW
Hubbell Lighting created its ArenaLED specifically for interior sports and civic arenas to produce optimal television and live audience viewing, as well as low-glare light for players.
Hubbell says most current sports arena lighting fixtures require motorized shade options for the instant blackout effect, but its ArenaLED delivers immediate on/off. This eliminates uncertainty and maintenance of the shades for halftime events or other venue shows.
Delivering 40,000 lumens at 92+ lumens per watt, the ArenaLED provides a calculated 100,000-hour lifespan. According to Hubbell, in a 10,000-seat arena, the typical lighting system consists of 70 1,000W HID fixtures. If replaced with the same number of 415W ArenaLED fixtures, there will be a 60 percent reduction in kW consumption and an annual savings of up to $18,000 (based on $0.10KWH).
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement