LED Lights Sports Arenas, Saves 60% in kW
Hubbell Lighting created its ArenaLED specifically for interior sports and civic arenas to produce optimal television and live audience viewing, as well as low-glare light for players.
Hubbell says most current sports arena lighting fixtures require motorized shade options for the instant blackout effect, but its ArenaLED delivers immediate on/off. This eliminates uncertainty and maintenance of the shades for halftime events or other venue shows.
Delivering 40,000 lumens at 92+ lumens per watt, the ArenaLED provides a calculated 100,000-hour lifespan. According to Hubbell, in a 10,000-seat arena, the typical lighting system consists of 70 1,000W HID fixtures. If replaced with the same number of 415W ArenaLED fixtures, there will be a 60 percent reduction in kW consumption and an annual savings of up to $18,000 (based on $0.10KWH).
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles