LED Lights Sports Arenas, Saves 60% in kW
Hubbell Lighting created its ArenaLED specifically for interior sports and civic arenas to produce optimal television and live audience viewing, as well as low-glare light for players.
Hubbell says most current sports arena lighting fixtures require motorized shade options for the instant blackout effect, but its ArenaLED delivers immediate on/off. This eliminates uncertainty and maintenance of the shades for halftime events or other venue shows.
Delivering 40,000 lumens at 92+ lumens per watt, the ArenaLED provides a calculated 100,000-hour lifespan. According to Hubbell, in a 10,000-seat arena, the typical lighting system consists of 70 1,000W HID fixtures. If replaced with the same number of 415W ArenaLED fixtures, there will be a 60 percent reduction in kW consumption and an annual savings of up to $18,000 (based on $0.10KWH).
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management