LED Lights Sports Arenas, Saves 60% in kW
Hubbell Lighting created its ArenaLED specifically for interior sports and civic arenas to produce optimal television and live audience viewing, as well as low-glare light for players.
Hubbell says most current sports arena lighting fixtures require motorized shade options for the instant blackout effect, but its ArenaLED delivers immediate on/off. This eliminates uncertainty and maintenance of the shades for halftime events or other venue shows.
Delivering 40,000 lumens at 92+ lumens per watt, the ArenaLED provides a calculated 100,000-hour lifespan. According to Hubbell, in a 10,000-seat arena, the typical lighting system consists of 70 1,000W HID fixtures. If replaced with the same number of 415W ArenaLED fixtures, there will be a 60 percent reduction in kW consumption and an annual savings of up to $18,000 (based on $0.10KWH).
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement