LED Recyling Light Technology Makes Signage Brighter
Wavien’s ultra bright LED fiber optic illuminator uses its patented Recycling Light Technology (RLT), designed for architectural and signage applications.
Wavien’s system combines the improved brightness produced by RLT technology with the long lifetime of LED technology.
Wavien’s illuminator can support both 3M single core fiber or Schott multi-fiber bundles, allowing the RLT system to replace neon-based signs currently used in a wide variety of side-firing applications.
The RLT technology improves brightness to LEDs with full red, green, blue and white color capability. Using a 4-color LED package allows the light output to be digitally controlled and produce unlimited color variations. This multi-color capability is not available in traditional neon signs.
The basis of Wavien’s RLT technology is a recycling collar optical component that captures the wasted light in conventional optics designs, recycles the light and redirects it back into the output beam allowing increased efficiency, while reducing the power consumption. The recycling technique enables LED-based products to be able to increase brightness by up to 280 percent depending on the color of the LED, according to Wavien.
This LED recycling technique is also being introduced into many other areas of illumination including medical light sources and consumer projectors.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power