LED Recyling Light Technology Makes Signage Brighter
Wavien’s ultra bright LED fiber optic illuminator uses its patented Recycling Light Technology (RLT), designed for architectural and signage applications.
Wavien’s system combines the improved brightness produced by RLT technology with the long lifetime of LED technology.
Wavien’s illuminator can support both 3M single core fiber or Schott multi-fiber bundles, allowing the RLT system to replace neon-based signs currently used in a wide variety of side-firing applications.
The RLT technology improves brightness to LEDs with full red, green, blue and white color capability. Using a 4-color LED package allows the light output to be digitally controlled and produce unlimited color variations. This multi-color capability is not available in traditional neon signs.
The basis of Wavien’s RLT technology is a recycling collar optical component that captures the wasted light in conventional optics designs, recycles the light and redirects it back into the output beam allowing increased efficiency, while reducing the power consumption. The recycling technique enables LED-based products to be able to increase brightness by up to 280 percent depending on the color of the LED, according to Wavien.
This LED recycling technique is also being introduced into many other areas of illumination including medical light sources and consumer projectors.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement