LED T8 Replacement Tube Introduced
Cree has introduced a series of LED T8 replacement tubes for the commercial sector that deliver LED technology with 30 percent energy savings and near-universal driver compatibility.
The light is powered by Cree TrueWhite Technology, which the company says delivers color accuracy in both 3500K and 4000K temperatures.
The Cree LED T8 Series’ patent-pending circuit design enables compatibility with Instant Start, Programmed Start, Rapid Start and most dimmable fluorescent ballasts.
The T8 four-foot fluorescent tube represents about half of the huge market. More than 2.3 billion fluorescent sockets use 42 percent of dedicated lighting electricity, with nearly half, or 1.1 billion, fitting in the T8 market.
The commercial sector uses light for about 12 hours per day, which equates to more kWh. With the lamps saving about 30 percent compared to standard fluorescents, the LED produces about 100 lumens per watt compared to about 70 lumens per watt for a T8.
According to Forbes, the light is approved by the DesignLights Consortium (DLC). DLC administers a list of qualified products that often facilitate utility rebates.
The Cree LED T8 Series is eligible for utility rebates, comes with a five-year warranty, and has a suggested retail price of $30. But with the DLC qualification, many utility rebates can range from $5 to $15, so payback can come in less than three years.
The Cree LED T8 Lamp will last 50,000 hours, with a five-year warranty.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year