LED Update: Growth Predicted in Asia-Pacific, Cree Street Light, Seesmart Tube Lamp
LED lighting with its greater functionalities, higher energy efficiency and lower heat wastage than conventional lights, is well poised to make the most of the opportunities in the Asia-Pacific non-residential sector, according to new analysis from Frost & Sullivan.
The report Non-Residential LED Market in Asia-Pacific finds that the market earned revenues of about $183.8 million in 2012 and expects this to reach $420.4 million by 2017. LED lights are ideal for areas with low clearance, excessive moisture or dust, corrosive atmospheres, and high ambient temperature, according to the research group. But while LED’s benefits are apparent, customers are often dissuaded by the high initial investment required to transition from conventional lighting to LED. However, with supply expected to exceed demand, there could be a drop in prices.
Cree announced the next performance upgrade to its LEDway Series LED Street Light: select versions provide up to 20 percent additional energy savings and increased lumen output, while other versions provide up to 15 percent higher lumen output and additional energy savings. These improvements can help municipalities reduce operating costs while providing the same illumination performance. Cree LEDway Street Lights offer more than 20 optical distribution patterns, flexible drive currents and multiple lumen packages.
Lighting manufacturer Seesmart has released a new 15-watt LED tube lamp, which produces a measured efficacy of 112 lumens per watt. With more than 1,600 lumens of light, the four-foot LED T8 lamp features rotatable end caps that allow customized lighting angles by rotating the tube. The lightweight LED tubes also feature a true T8 profile with a specially designed internal power supply that distributes the weight equally at both ends.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts