LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
Lighting-based indoor positioning services take advantage of LEDs as a vehicle for embedded technology that provides shoppers with store information via an opt-in a retailer’s loyalty app.
Shoppers use the app to compare prices, look for best offers or search for product ratings. ByteLight services allow retailers to provide offers, product information and assistance to shoppers based upon their location. Retailers can also use the ByteLight services to optimize staffing, replenish out-of-stock items and assess the impact of marketing and merchandising strategies.
AcuityBrands says ByteLight Services leverage its prior investment in eldoLED driver visible light communication (VLC) technology, which helps deliver a mobile device’s indoor location within four inches horizontally, as well as providing the height and degree-level orientation.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Planning for a Sustainable Future