LEDs for Parking Garages: LSI Industries, NSTech
LSI Industries is aiming at the parking garage lighting market with its new LED XLPG fixture, featuring energy-efficient LEDs combined with optics optimized for uniform illumination.
Key features of the XLPG, according to LSI Industries:
- Designed to meet IES RP-20 and IES G-1 specifications, DLC Listed
- Up to 57 percent less energy when compared to traditional light sources
- Available in 5100°K, 4100°K and 3500°K color temperatures
- Choice of occupancy sensors or dimming controls for additional energy savings.
LSI Industries, a vertically integrated manufacturer, also offers design support, engineering, installation and project management for custom graphics rollout programs for retail environments. LSI’s major markets are the commercial/industrial lighting, petroleum/convenience store, multi-site retail (including automobile dealerships, restaurants and national retail accounts), sports and entertainment markets.
NSTech recently completed the installation of 700+ LED fixtures and 100 motion and ambient light sensors at the 7-story Ward Village Parking Garage in Honolulu, Hawaii. Zigbee based wireless control provides the garage a demand driven lighting system with remote access and alerts. The parking garage was able to obtain over 80 percent energy savings with the NS Linear LED fixtures before the installation of Zigbee wireless dimming controls. After the NS motion and ambient light controlled dimming was activated, the energy savings went over 90 percent, achieving a 1.2-year return on investment, including the rebate and installation cost, according to NSTech.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management