LEDs Light Mount Rushmore
Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota has been retrofitted with a new LED lighting system that was custom designed and manufactured by Musco.
The project began in January of 2013. The system needed to project light over 1,100 feet, while directing the light to illuminate the monument and not the mountain below. Advanced optic controls highlight the monument, while ensuring light is not spilled into the night sky and natural wildlife area.
The new LED system reduces energy consumption by 90 percent compared to the previous lights.
Musco has also created customized lighting systems for the Washington Monument, the Statue of Liberty, the White House and the East Span of the San Francisco Bay Bridge.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Combined Heat and Power