LEDs Light Newport Bridge
The lighting on the Claiborne Pell Bridge in Newport, RI, was retrofitted with high efficiency LEDs, which replaced the existing metal halide lighting on both the roadway and the cables.
The project was completed by Rhode Island-based Energy Source.
The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority, which manages the span, expects savings of 321,000 kWh each year, resulting in $43,000 annually. The project also received utility rebates from National Grid. The combination of incentives and energy savings gave the project a simple payback of 3.7 years.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash