LEDs Light Tunnels
Acuity Brands introduced the TunnelPass LED luminaires from Holophane for the tunnel or underpass environment. The LED fixtures decrease energy consumption by up to 50 percent compared to high intensity discharge (HID) fixtures, and they offer up to 100,000 hours of operation for reduced maintenance and minimal lane closures, says Acuity Brands.
TunnelPass LEDs combine a borosilicate prismatic glass refractor for durability and glare control. A segmented reflector system offers three light distribution options – ceiling mount counterbeam, ceiling mount long, and narrow and wall mount crossbeam – to meet IES RP22-11 requirements either as a retrofit or for new construction.
The new LED luminaires can be adapted to unistrut or mounted over an outlet box. All drivers have 0- to 10-volt dimming capability, allowing the lumen output to be changed as required by a control system. The fixtures are also available with optional lumen packages to maximize energy savings and are designed to replace 100-watt through 400-watt high-pressure sodium.
New TunnelPass LED luminaires are shipped with the mounting brackets attached to facilitate installation by one individual. The fixtures are recommended for roadway and rail tunnels and underpasses.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards