LEDs Light Universal CityWalk Parking Lot
LED lighting systems manufacturer Cireon completed a parking lot lighting project for Universal CityWalk Hollywood at Universal Studios in California – a three-block shopping promenade. The project was completed in conjunction with Tako Tyko, Signs & Lighting of Los Angeles.
The project encompassed 600 parking spots with a footprint of more than 70,000 square feet. Cireon says the lighting upgrade will use 50 percent less energy than the old system.
Cireon replaced 290-watt metal halide fixtures with 75 Cireon Cascade LED 145-watt fixtures. Cireon was asked to develop a custom solution that would not only increase the light levels for the parking lot but also prevent unwanted light from spilling into the adjacent residential areas.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Combined Heat and Power