LEED Building Features Wausau Curtainwall
The newly opened Salt Lake City Public Safety Building features Wausau Window and Wall System’s unitized curtainwall, windows, light shelves and sun shades. This is the first public safety building in the nation to be designed as a net-zero energy building, generating as much energy as it uses. It is also one of the first public safety buildings designed to meet the US Green Building Council’s LEED Platinum certification criteria.
The $125 million, 335,000-square foot Public Safety Building includes 172,000 square feet of space on four levels above ground, and 143,000 square feet of secure parking below grade.
The northwest-facing public “face” of the building features a serpentine glass curtainwall that slopes from one wing to the other. The building’s glass exterior needed to meet seismic and ballistic requirements, as well as contribute to the building’s LEED and net-zero energy objectives.
For the Public Safety Building’s lobby and main floors,more than 32,000 square feet of Wausau’s INvision Thermal Unitized Curtainwall were installed, including 19,150 square feet of 7250i-UW Series and more than 13,000 square feet of 6250i-HRX Series.
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement