LEED Impacts Assessed
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Impacts and Innovation report details key impact areas and results of the thousands of projects that are utilizing the LEED® green building rating system.
A foreword written by Bridges to Prosperity Executive Director Avery Bang, who spoke at USGBC’s 2013 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo Master Series in November, plots a course for the future by examining current and possible positive impacts related to LEED buildings — from resource conservation to cost savings. The report looks at the impacts of LEED through the lens of both business and human health.
The report also features a number of highlights, including details on the top three credits pursued by LEED projects across different rating systems. It notes the spread of innovation, showcasing standout approaches to earning credits in the LEED Innovation credit category, along with interviews with LEED professionals and USGBC figures.
The report also features LEED project energy data, revealing that 450 LEED projects that reported data over a 12-month period experienced an energy use intensity (EUI) that was nearly 31 percent lower than the national median source EUI. Additionally, 404 LEED projects indicated an ENERGY STAR score of 85 in the same period, well above the level required for the Environmental Protection Agency’s “Top Performer” designation.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management