LEED Impacts Assessed
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) Impacts and Innovation report details key impact areas and results of the thousands of projects that are utilizing the LEED® green building rating system.
A foreword written by Bridges to Prosperity Executive Director Avery Bang, who spoke at USGBC’s 2013 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo Master Series in November, plots a course for the future by examining current and possible positive impacts related to LEED buildings — from resource conservation to cost savings. The report looks at the impacts of LEED through the lens of both business and human health.
The report also features a number of highlights, including details on the top three credits pursued by LEED projects across different rating systems. It notes the spread of innovation, showcasing standout approaches to earning credits in the LEED Innovation credit category, along with interviews with LEED professionals and USGBC figures.
The report also features LEED project energy data, revealing that 450 LEED projects that reported data over a 12-month period experienced an energy use intensity (EUI) that was nearly 31 percent lower than the national median source EUI. Additionally, 404 LEED projects indicated an ENERGY STAR score of 85 in the same period, well above the level required for the Environmental Protection Agency’s “Top Performer” designation.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- LED Myths and Facts
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room