‘LEED-Like’ Standard for Electric Grids
ZF Energy Development and the non-profit Perfect Power Institute launched a LEED-style grading program for microgrids. The Performance Excellence in Electricity Renewal (PEER) program is a consumer-centric, data-driven system for evaluating power system performance.
PEER helps the smart grid movement by providing a rating system with a clear set of criteria for assessing system performance and verifying that measurable outcomes have been achieved. The PEER program provides performance metrics and design criteria that help industry stakeholders improve electricity systems based on issues that matter most to consumers:
- Eliminating interruptions and improving safety and power quality;
- Being cost-competitive with greater transparency;
- Increasing system efficiency and reducing environmental impacts; and
- Enabling and encouraging consumer and community participation.
PEER is geared toward commercial and industrial energy users. In addition, it will give technology providers and energy service companies performance parameters to strive for.
The ZF Energy Development engineering team, led by John Zabilowicz, will be certified in PEER standards and will train other engineering and project managers in PEER program parameters. Zabilowicz will also serve on the Perfect Power Institute’s industrial energy standards committee.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement