Legrand Lays Out Regulatory Landscape for High Performance Buildings
Legrand published a white paper that lays out all the major standards related to high-performance buildings in the United States.
Legrand’s paper “A Guide to the Building Performance Landscape,” reviews the wide array of initiatives that influence or impact the creation and evaluation of high performance buildings in the US, which is evaluated and regulated through a broad array of mechanisms.
Legrand finds 15 mechanisms, which it groups into five major categories based on their fundamental functions and the scope of performance issues they address:
- Building Energy Disclosure: Require building owners to collect and report annual energy usage.
- Building (Energy & Sustainability) Codes and Standards: Set forth minimum efficiency requirements to achieve targeted reduction in energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Professional and Industry Sponsored Rating Programs: Seek to promote best practices in building performance within a specific industry or professional community.
- Building Ratings Systems and Certifications: Provide prescriptive building performance criteria that require third-party verification.
- Building Design Guidance: Provides highly substantive guidance on building design but does not entail any form of certification or reporting.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement