Legrand Lays Out Regulatory Landscape for High Performance Buildings
Legrand published a white paper that lays out all the major standards related to high-performance buildings in the United States.
Legrand’s paper “A Guide to the Building Performance Landscape,” reviews the wide array of initiatives that influence or impact the creation and evaluation of high performance buildings in the US, which is evaluated and regulated through a broad array of mechanisms.
Legrand finds 15 mechanisms, which it groups into five major categories based on their fundamental functions and the scope of performance issues they address:
- Building Energy Disclosure: Require building owners to collect and report annual energy usage.
- Building (Energy & Sustainability) Codes and Standards: Set forth minimum efficiency requirements to achieve targeted reduction in energy use and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Professional and Industry Sponsored Rating Programs: Seek to promote best practices in building performance within a specific industry or professional community.
- Building Ratings Systems and Certifications: Provide prescriptive building performance criteria that require third-party verification.
- Building Design Guidance: Provides highly substantive guidance on building design but does not entail any form of certification or reporting.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies