Leidos Honored for Energy Load Management
Leidos will receive the 2013 Climate Change Business Journal (CCBJ) award for Technology Merit: Smart Grid and Energy Management. The CCBJ, a business research publication, will recognize Leidos for its role as the system integrator of an intelligent load management system that integrates wind power and replaces supply-side generation options with demand response.
Leidos’ load management uses commercial-off-the-shelf technologies to measure, aggregate, and dispatch industrial, commercial, and residential loads so that the aggregated load may be defined as resources at the transmission level, which are visible and controllable by the system operator. Aggregated loads can then be managed similarly, if not identically, to an electrical power generating plant via dispatch instructions and related telemetry. In many respects, the technology performs like a pumped storage facility but on the demand side of the power system via a virtual power plant.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation