Leidos Honored for Energy Load Management
Leidos will receive the 2013 Climate Change Business Journal (CCBJ) award for Technology Merit: Smart Grid and Energy Management. The CCBJ, a business research publication, will recognize Leidos for its role as the system integrator of an intelligent load management system that integrates wind power and replaces supply-side generation options with demand response.
Leidos’ load management uses commercial-off-the-shelf technologies to measure, aggregate, and dispatch industrial, commercial, and residential loads so that the aggregated load may be defined as resources at the transmission level, which are visible and controllable by the system operator. Aggregated loads can then be managed similarly, if not identically, to an electrical power generating plant via dispatch instructions and related telemetry. In many respects, the technology performs like a pumped storage facility but on the demand side of the power system via a virtual power plant.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape