Leidos Honored for Energy Load Management
Leidos will receive the 2013 Climate Change Business Journal (CCBJ) award for Technology Merit: Smart Grid and Energy Management. The CCBJ, a business research publication, will recognize Leidos for its role as the system integrator of an intelligent load management system that integrates wind power and replaces supply-side generation options with demand response.
Leidos’ load management uses commercial-off-the-shelf technologies to measure, aggregate, and dispatch industrial, commercial, and residential loads so that the aggregated load may be defined as resources at the transmission level, which are visible and controllable by the system operator. Aggregated loads can then be managed similarly, if not identically, to an electrical power generating plant via dispatch instructions and related telemetry. In many respects, the technology performs like a pumped storage facility but on the demand side of the power system via a virtual power plant.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management