Lex Introduces Emergency Power Transfer Switch
Lex Products introduced the PowerGATE ReadySwitch power input panel with integrated manual transfer switch for emergency power management. The ReadySwitch can be paired with a portable power generator to help maintain power during a power outage.
The ReadySwitch manual transfer switch can be toggled by any trained ReadySwitch operator to energize power from the portable generator. Power can then be restored to the facility without having to wait.
The unit is available in two configurations: service entrance rated or switched to work in conjunction with existing main disconnect. Both options feature 400 amp, 3 phase, 4 pole, 5 wire, 600 VAC maximum service.
The ReadySwitch can withstand large surges in current, and when paired with a service entrance rated device, the unit prevents power surges when two electrical sources are simultaneously connected.
The keyed front door prevents unauthorized access and tampering with the device. The inward opening cable door also prevents access to the terminals while in use or dormant, preventing cable theft. The dead-front panel, installed during the initial set up and installation, prevents access from unauthorized personnel, and large labels identify the operations and connections so that only minimum level of training is needed to operate.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management