LG Increases Efficiency of HVAC for Hospitality Market
LG Electronics USA says its updated portfolio of Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner (PTAC) products for the hospitality market has an Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of up to 13.3, the highest rating now available in the category.
Industry differentiators for the new product line include an updated compressor – designed and manufactured by LG – for higher efficiency levels, combined with Dual Brushless Digitally Controlled motors on the interior and exterior of the unit and a cross-flow fan to further increase performance levels with decreased noise levels.
With sound pressure ratings as low as 45 dBA (IDU) and 61 dBA (ODU), the PTAC models greatly reduce both in-room and exterior noise levels compared with traditional multi-room HVAC systems.
LG’s PTAC portfolio incorporates a range of additional features for hotels, including:
- Positive temperature coefficient ceramic heaters for safer and more effective heat distribution, without emitting common odors associated with heaters manufactured using alternate materials (available on 208V-230V models);
- Gold Fin anti-corrosion treatment on condenser coil on all models, extending product lifespan;
- Enhanced controls and display, including timer and energy saving mode.
The PTAC line includes 6 updated models offering a range of capacity options to meet the needs of the hospitality market. The 208-230V Heating & Cooling models are available up to 7,300, 9,500, 12,200, 15,100 Btu/h capacities with EER ranging from 11.2 (15,100 Btu/h model) up to 13.3 (7,300 Btu/h model). The 265V Heating & Cooling Models include 9,700 Btu/h and 12,200 Btu/h models, with EER up to 12.8 and 11.9, respectively. Six new LG Packaged Terminal Heat Pump (PTHP) models also are available for each voltage and capacity.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement