LG Puts Air Conditioning Attributes on Technology Exchange
LG Electronics added its variable refrigerant flow (VRF) commercial air systems to the US Department of Energy’s new Technology Performance Exchange (TPEx), a web portal that shows energy performance data for building products.
LG provided DOE the performance attributes of its VRF systems.
Using the DOE TPEx program, product evaluators and purchasers can access a centralized, web-based portal for finding and sharing energy performance data for commercial building technologies. This will allow them to quickly and easily identify best-in-class technologies and data for assessing their energy saving impacts on a building.
LG plans to continue adding technology performance attributes to the TPEx to help commercial buildings conserve energy.
LG VRF systems typically include large duct work, distribution fans, water pumps, water piping, cooling towers and complex controls. LG says its new Multi V-IV VRF system will help building designers achieve as many as 16 LEED points.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management