LG Showcases Tech for Compton Community Center
LG Technologies is using a community center in Compton, CA, as a showcase for its products, including energy efficiency technology.
The company says that a modular center will be featured at the Greenbuild International Conference & Expo 2016 in Los Angeles. After the expo, the prefabricated modular education and vocation facility will be relocated to Compton YouthBuild.
The facility is designed to LEED standards and features LED lighting and Energy Star-certified home appliances and commercial displays. The design was created in conjunction with the U.S. Green Building council and Building and Design + Construction Magazine.
The air conditioning system in the facility uses is a multizone system featuring two indoor and one outdoor model. The system uses refrigerant piping instead of air ducts. The LEDs feature sensor connectivity with customizable light levels. The lights are controlled via the ZigBee protocol.
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings