Lifeline Data Centers, Vine Fresh Produce Build Onsite Solar
Lifeline Data Centers is planning the installation of a 4 MW solar power array at its Eastgate data center campus in Indianapolis, Ind. (pictured). The installation will begin in the next few months and will be fully functional by April 2014. Through a long-term partner relationship with Indianapolis Power & Light and with New Generation Power of Chicago, Lifeline will implement the utility-grade solar power generation facility that will provide data center power for a projected 25 years. The solar panel installation will allow the independent data center to largely replace its power consumption with solar energy. The solar panels will be located on the Eastgate campus building rooftops and above several sections of the parking lot.
JinkoSolar has supplied 2.3 MW of solar modules for a rooftop system, covering about 400,000 square meters of Vine Fresh Produce‘s greenhouses. The solar system constructed by Sentinel Solar was commissioned under Ontario Canada’s Feed-in Tariff plan. It comprises of 9,294 JinkoSolar modules and customized racking solution designed and manufactured by Sentinel Solar. The system is expected to produce 2,540,000 kWh annually.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash