Lift Truck Manufacturer Acquires Fuel Cell Developer
Lift truck manufacturer Hyster-Yale Materials Handling’s operating company, NACCO Materials Handling Group has acquired Nuvera Fuel Cells.
Nuvera is a development-stage technology and product development company focused on fuel cell stacks and related systems and supporting on-site hydrogen production and dispensing systems that can deliver clean energy solutions to customers. The acquisition will supply Hyster-Yale with direct access to fuel cells particularly suitable for lift truck applications, as well as the supporting fuel technologies that are applicable to its product lines.
Through the acquisition, Hyster-Yale intends to integrate Nuvera’s fuel-cell technology across large parts of its lift truck product range so that it can offer its customers an integrated, factory-fitted fuel-cell solution as well as associated hydrogen generation and delivery capability.
Hyster-Yale will also offer aftermarket solutions designed to fit most any electric powered lift truck brand on the market today. The company believes it is the first major lift truck company to commit to a full deployment of fuel cell solutions for its customers.
Image via Shutterstock.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles