Lighting Control Uses Existing Wi-Fi Networks
Savant Systems’ SmartLighting Wi-Fi 802.11-based lighting control products can be used as both a standalone lighting control platform or as part of a Savant automation system. The lighting control features a dimmer inside each Wi-Fi-connected keypad, and the system can be integrated without rewiring the home or commercial facility.
Once the Wi-Fi lighting control keypads have been connected to existing line voltage and lighting load wiring in the wall, they become a secure networked device that can be controlled using Savant’s new standalone lighting control iOS app or as part of a larger Savant ecosystem.
The Wi-Fi keypads deliver real-time energy usage data, providing home and/or business owners access to energy savings data based upon dimming or turning off lights.
Savant is targeting its networked lighting control for the commercial marketplace where it is suited to such applications as having conference room lights turn on just before a meeting, or having predetermined facility lights turn off once the security system has been activated, reducing energy costs.
Because these lighting control devices operate on the network, Savant integrators will be able to offer remote system maintenance, control and diagnostics, utilizing Savant’s Enterprise Management System to be introduced later this year.
Savant’s Wi-Fi lighting control system including a standalone lighting control iOS app will become available October 2013.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- The Sustainable Edge™