LEDs Saved Businesses Big Money in 2014
LED Source’s top three energy saving lighting retrofit projects for 2014 include a painting studio, a beverage distributor and a hotel.
LED Source helped Pinot Palette reduce energy consumption at its Naperville, Illinois, location by more than 80 percent. The traditional halogen lamps that were being used to light its Naperville location used a total of 14,892 kWh annually and made the environment uncomfortable due to the amount of heat they emitted. LED Source replaced the hot halogen lights with Philips LED lamps. The retrofit reduced energy consumption to 2,606 kWh annually and will save an estimated $1,228 annually in lighting energy costs and $373 in maintenance and A/C costs.
O’Malley Beverage, a locally owned distributor of premium brand beverages in Lawrence, Kan., needed a lighting solution that would improve lighting output at its outdated facility. Not only were the existing metal halide lamps difficult to replace, but throughout the day, workers had to adjust from low lighting levels in the dock area to more brightly lit refrigerated storage areas. LED Source replaced 52 metal halide luminaires with 34 LED Philips Day-Brite HBL High Bay luminaires. The new 114 W fixtures provide uniform light that maintains output over time and will last about 70,000 hours before needing to be replaced. The retrofit reduced energy use at the facility by 82 percent annually. It is estimated that the beverage distributor will reduce its annual maintenance costs by $1,084 and its lighting energy costs by $8,466.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year