Lighting Retrofits & Upgrades Report Details Important Info on Lighting Controls & More
Energy Manager Today released its exclusive report, Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits & Upgrades, detailing what you need to know when making a decision on implementing lighting retrofits. The report, made possible by Daintree Networks, includes information on lighting controls and other building-wide control systems, trends, stats, questions to ask vendors, and more.
Rising utility costs are affecting businesses everywhere, yet commercial buildings have been increasing energy consumption steadily. Energy consumption by commercial buildings grew 69% from 1980 to 2009, and projections from the Energy Information Administration show consumption is estimated to grow another 22% from 2009 to 2035, according to business research analysts from IBISWorld.
This is causing a rapid increase in the drive toward energy efficiency, but it can be difficult to pinpoint the most effective solutions for reducing energy use. At a time when 20% of the world’s electricity is used for lighting – and commercial lighting systems count for over 50% of the total electricity used for lighting – retrofits and upgrades that allow lighting systems to use energy more efficiently may be one of the best places to start. And the energy savings realized over time can be significant enough to not only pay for the new equipment but also produce a return on investment.
But with the rapid pace of change in this arena, knowing where to begin presents a challenge to facilities managers, who have to understand and put to use an enormous amount of information about the space and infrastructure. “Facility managers have so much to worry about. It’s one of the most thankless jobs you can imagine,” says Mandeep Khera, vice president of marketing and channels for Daintree Networks, a company that offers open, networked wireless solutions for smart building control and energy management. “Nobody knows facility managers exist until something goes wrong, and if they’re not completely tech-savvy, using software and wireless control to manage electricity use is something they haven’t thought about.”
The 10-page report answers the questions facilities managers have when it comes to lighting implementations. Download here.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 4 Reasons Operations Teams Can’t Live Without Real-Time Building Data
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management