Lighting Roundup: Green Ballast Daylight Harvesting; GlacialLight Water-Resistant LED; Cree Upgraded LED
The Broadway Square Building, a twelve-story office building in downtown Kansas City has installed Green Ballast‘s patented daylight harvesting fluorescent light ballasts, replacing the existing standard ballasts.
The new ballasts adjust power consumption for each lighting fixture, while measuring and harvesting available daylight to calculate and provide only the amount of needed electricity for proper lighting. It is a “plug and play” solution and has controls within each ballast. Green Ballast expects lighting consumption costs in the Broadway Square building to be reduced by over 50 percent.
GlacialLight, a division of the Taiwanese technology manufacturer, GlacialTech, has added the GL-FL60, a 60W AC-input LED Flood Light with Philips Lumileds LED chips, to its energy efficient LED flood light series.
The GL-FL60 Flood Light can accept a wide range of AC voltages – from 100 to 277 volts – and can operate in a wide range of temperatures (-20°C ~ +40°C). The flood light also is water resistant, with IP66 certification.
Cree announced the commercial availability of XLamp XM-L2 LEDs, delivering 20 percent more lumens-per-watt over the original XM-L LED. The new XM-L2 LEDs are designed for very-high-lumen applications such as indoor, high-bay and outdoor lighting. The high-performance XM-L2 LEDs are compatible with existing XM-L LED designs and leverage the 5 mm x 5 mm XM footprint – allowing customers to incorporate the upgraded LEDs into existing XM LED designs.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future