Lighting Roundup: Healthcare Trust of America, Green Ballast, AEG Power Solutions, Philips, Armstrong Ceilings, The Helmsley Building
Healthcare Trust of America, a real estate investment trust with more than 12.5 million square feet of leasable space, has completed a lighting retrofit using Green Ballast’s daylight harvesting fluorescent light ballasts for a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical tenant in Lenox Office Park in Memphis, Tenn. Green Ballast’s ballast adjusts power consumption for each lighting fixture while measuring and harvesting available daylight to provide only the amount of needed electricity for proper lighting. The retrofit will reduce Healthcare Trust of America’s electrical lighting consumption costs by more than 50 percent, Green Ballast says.
AEG Power Solutions has announced its ZCM range of wireless controller modules (pictured), which the company says can save companies 60 percent or more on energy costs. The ZCM controllers allowing light fixtures to only supply the amount of light required at any instant. They can be used in indoor or outdoor applications.
Philips is partnering with Armstrong Ceilings to develop lighting compatible with Armstrong’s low voltage DC FlexZone ceiling systems, which the companies say can help building owners reach net-zero energy use in commercial buildings. The new products are intended to support recently adopted EMerge Alliance open industry standards that call for the use of DC power.
New York City’s The Helmsley Building, located at 230 Park Ave., will soon be lit every night with an energy-efficient, color-changing, computer-controlled LED light system, NY1 reports. Property manager Monday Properties says the new bulbs, installed by The Lighting Practice, are 71 percent more efficient than the prior bulbs.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement