Lighting Science Installs Solar Powered LED Streetlights in Mexico City
Lighting Science Group introduced the FreeLED solar roadway system, featuring an integrated solar panel, battery pack, complete power management system and the self-learning capability to automatically adapt to its operating environment.
The FreeLED system’s minimum 120 lm/W efficacy permits optimized energy utilization from the battery packs, which are designed for extensive operating time periods.
In the first planned roll out of FreeLED, Lighting Science Group is partnering with BHP Energy México in a large-scale commercial installation of the solar roadway system in Mexico City. In its initial phase, 500 units of the FreeLED system will be installed.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future