Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
A new TechNavio report analyzing the professional luminaire sector predicts that the sector will grow by a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of almost 4 percent through 2020.
The growth, the report says, will be driven by urbanization and industrialization. Lighting, which consumes about 20 percent of global electricity, has led governments to focus on energy efficient luminaires. This will drive the growth of LEDs, compact linear fluorescent and compact fluorescent lighting. The Asia Pacific region will account for more than half of the market and dominate the market. The leading brands in the sector are Acuity Brands, GE Lighting, OSRAM, Panasonic and Philips, according to TechNavio.
The addition of Internet of Things (IoT) sensors to LEDs will gradually enable them to network for management of lighting, power and related functions.
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy